Music in film, television & eventS

Types of activity we can licence
  • The public performance of recorded music in live productions, events and shows;
  • Sporting events;
  • Commercial photographer/videographer DVDs intended for limited private use, e.g. wedding videos/photo slideshows.

To enquire about featured music licences, please contact Liz Daimond on (09) 361 6873 or email

Types of activity we are unable to licence

We are unable to license other specific types of music use (listed below), or usage that has a clear commercial objective. In these situations, the owners of music (or their representatives in NZ) must be contacted directly.

  • Advertising and commercials.
  • Reproducing music into film and documentaries.
  • Television programmes and webisodes.
  • Audio-Visual Presentations.

We can however help you to identify the appropriate rights’ holder and provide you with contact details free of charge.

In most cases, there will be a representative in New Zealand who you can deal with directly regarding permissions and costs involved in using music in this way.

To enquire about who owns a piece of music, please contact Liz Daimond on (09) 361 6873 or email