Music in film, television & eventS
Types of activity we can licence
- The public performance of recorded music in live productions, events and shows;
- Sporting events;
- Commercial photographer/videographer DVDs intended for limited private use, e.g. wedding videos/photo slideshows.
To enquire about featured music licences, please contact Liz Daimond on (09) 361 6873 or email email@example.com
Types of activity we are unable to licence
We are unable to license other specific types of music use (listed below), or usage that has a clear commercial objective. In these situations, the owners of music (or their representatives in NZ) must be contacted directly.
- Advertising and commercials.
- Reproducing music into film and documentaries.
- Television programmes and webisodes.
- Audio-Visual Presentations.
We can however help you to identify the appropriate rights’ holder and provide you with contact details free of charge.
In most cases, there will be a representative in New Zealand who you can deal with directly regarding permissions and costs involved in using music in this way.
To enquire about who owns a piece of music, please contact Liz Daimond on (09) 361 6873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org